POSITION TITLE: Statewide Trainer
SALARY: $50,000 – $60,000
BENEFITS PACKAGE: Excellent benefits package; 100% Employer Covered Health Insurance (Single), Generous Time Off
EMPLOYMENT SITE: TBD
The Mental Health Empowerment Project, Inc. (MHEP) is a recipient run, not-for-profit corporation organized in 1988 to develop and strengthen self-help and mutual support/recovery activities throughout the United States.
MHEP offers dynamic and cutting-edge education, training, skill building and support that helps people find their unique voice, connect to their personal power and recognize the power of peer support – a holistic alternative to medical model mental health services.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
The successful candidate will be a person who has been given a psychiatric diagnosis and has first-hand, personal experience with the mental health system. The successful candidate must fully support the mission and values of MHEP. Current New York Certified Peer Specialist (NYCPS) certification preferred.
- Engage in community organizing efforts that will cultivate and support meaningful and substantial forms of personal growth and community connectedness.
- Cultivate, support and mentor meaningful and substantial forms of individual/self/systems advocacy.
- Facilitate skill building activities around the state that assist people to find and connect with their personal power and the power of self-help.
- Experience developing curricula.
- Skilled public speaker.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, computer, and communication skills.
- History of community organizing.
- Experience providing Authentic Peer Support.
- Understand Trauma Informed Practices.
- Be an active team member, offering support and assistance to ongoing projects.
- Experience coordinating multiple projects simultaneously and organizing workload to manage multiple deadlines.
- A clean, NYS Driver’s License and reliable transportation is also required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required by the supervisor.
- Overnight travel required.
- Candidates are expected to have or be willing to obtain their NYCPS certification within six months of employment with MHEP.
MHEP is an equal opportunity employer. We actively recruit and hire qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, disability, gender, national origin, age or sexual orientation. We strongly encourage you to apply if you are from a marginalized or underrepresented group. Studies show that marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs with a long list of requirements, some of which may not reflect your experiences. We believe in your power to grow with us! If you think this is a role that you will be excited to work in every day and want to be a part of a culture like ours, we hope you will apply.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 16, 2023
Send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Mental Health Empowerment Project, 3 Atrium Drive, Suite 205, Albany NY 12205.